We are looking for a consultant to help us support in project implementation of ‘Inclusive WASH (Water, Sanitation & Hygiene) models in Urban slums of Bhubaneshwar, Odisha’ for our clients which will include performing primary and secondary research, and coordination with various stakeholders (public, private, corporates and community) in the city. Work will range from front-end activities such as data collection, analysis, coordinating with the relevant stakeholders (public, private, corporates).
Responsibilities will include:
- Support the project implementation and operations support, research and analysis
support to Project Manager- WASH
- Conduct primary and secondary research on identify and map stakeholders
(public, private, corporates) in WASH sector to develop an exhaustive data base.
- Engage with internal/external stakeholders to understand their WASH business
- Organize stakeholder consultations to understand the WASH needs
- Coordinate with ‘Single Window’ team to collect data and conduct analysis
- Reach out to the private/corporate stakeholders with project documents.
- Support project teams in building compelling presentations conveying key
messages in a clear way
- Support team in organizing the knowledge dissemination workshops
- Undertake travel to other cities to engage with private and corporate stakeholders
to understand the WASH business needs.
- Engage timely with community to create awareness on WASH issues.
- Support team in drafting the knowledge material for workshop, documenting the
case studies and the project report and analyzing, validating the monitoring and
evaluation framework of the project.
This position will be based in New Delhi, but will involve extensive travel city and other states in India.
The role might get converted into a full-time employment based on mutual interest and understanding.
Bachelor’s degree in a technical scientific or engineering or /environment or/ social field and/or business management.
2+ years’ related experience (environment/social) in consulting or industry or not for profit would be a plus
Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, etc.), research tools and strategies, social media tools (e.g., LinkedIn, Facebook, Twitter, blogs, etc.)
Rigorous primary and secondary research skills to collect and organize technical and market information to enable innovation insights and commercialization strategies
Analytical skills to quickly understand technical features and market dynamics and tackle challenging questions and solve complex business issues with moderate support from teams
Excellent planning, organization and time management skills.
Strong communications skills including written and presentation.
Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and to facilitate and resolve cross-functional activities and issues.
Result-oriented individual with outstanding interpersonal skills to perform effectively within a matrixed organization in an ambiguous and dynamic work environment