Our client is a modern philanthropic organisation that takes on tough, persistent issues with the potential to drive massive change.
They seek a senior associate or JEM-level consultant who can support them on a fascinating and complex project that intersects plastics, law and insurance.
- Our client is sponsoring research on emerging long-tail liability risks from plastic pollution for human health, economies and nature.
- The purpose is to engage constructively with the insurance sector and leverage their ability, as risk managers, to influence the plastics industry, regulators and policy-makers -- and help them play a bigger role in addressing all forms of plastic pollution (macro plastics, microplastics, chemicals, carbon).
- The output will be a rigorous, highly-analytical report intended to create a common starting-point from which to guide insurers on where/how to take action.
- Report to be published in September, co-branded with UNEP’s Principles of Sustainable; with programmatic industry engagement from the client and UNEP on the topic to follow.
- They have an Advisory Board chaired by a world-leading figure in sustainable insurance, as well as senior representation from global (re)insurers, lawyers and regulators.
Resource need -
- They are looking for a standalone associate/JEM who can work independently.
- The timeline would be 3-months June through August.
- In addition, there will be day-to-day engagement with "clients" ranging from research academics (in human health and pollution, nature), lawyers, and insurance underwriters.
- Experience in a top-tier consulting firm
- Relevant professional and academic background in a combination of the following fields: Plastics (from Chemicals to Waste Management), Economics (Environment), Law (Torts), Insurance (Liability risk).
- Expertise in analysing and synthesising complex data.
- Excellent verbal and written communication ability.