Our client, a fund in the healthcare space is looking to engage with a Communications consultant to help them address certain aspects in the portfolio strategies domain.
* Communications Lead who will envision and execute strategic communications in support of programmatic, policy and advocacy goals, and position the organization as a national leader in health innovation.
* Lead the design and implementation of strategic communications plans and activities to advance the organization’s goals, and build visibility for the organisation among target audiences in the country.
* Strengthen communications and advocacy capacities within the organization for more effective engagement with policymakers, media and influencers to achieve policy objectives and raise the organisation's visibility.
* Serve as the focal point for all effective communications coordination and collaboration with external funders as well brand development and ensuring adherence of all communication actives to the organisation's brand.
* Represent the organisations with a wide array of development partners, funders, communications working groups, and official events.
* Lead media relations for the firm's advocacy at national and regional levels and oversee strategic deployment and management of media and digital communications channels.
* Establish and maintain contacts with media houses, both English and vernacular – regional, national, and international - and manage press conferences, news briefings, media interviews, visits, and public events.
* Monitor relevant media coverage, keep abreast of news developments on relevant issues in India, and assess the general reaction of the public to the work of the firm on the basis of information gathered.
* Write press releases, press briefings, press statements, media and campaign Q&As, place articles in the appropriate media, and clear internal memos on media developments.
* Ensure consistency of media messaging from all staff, including monitoring that organization’s media protocols are followed.
* Lead on and execute crisis communication plans and activities
* Develop and produce compelling written and multimedia content to showcase organization’s experience, expertise, evidence, and impact.
* Initiate and implement the production of communication materials (e.g., print products, films, video, audio-visual, etc.), and oversee the qualitative aspects of production, (e.g., quality control, translation, review of layouts and graphic design).
* Develop, as required, and provide quality assurance of all project related communication outputs (reports, web-based material, best practice case studies, and project reports).
* Communicate firm’s work in India with relevant internal audiences.
* Build understanding among project staff on importance of strategic communication and planning and budgeting
This role would require 2-2.5 days per week support for a duration of 3 months
* Postgraduate degree in Communications with 10 plus years of comparable experience working in communications in public health, international development, or a related field.
* Experience working in a global health or development organization and in integrating communications and advocacy is strongly preferred.
* Proven success at developing and executing strategic communications plans, and in deploying and leveraging a variety of media and digital communication channels and tactics to reach and engage media, policymakers, and influencers.
* Excellent written and oral communications skills.
* Diplomacy and tact as an advisor to senior executives and as an external representative to partners and audiences in visible roles and settings.
* Experience providing communications training and capacity building of colleagues.
* Strong interpersonal, organizational, and project management skills.
* Ability to organize and prioritize work and to meet deadlines within a flexible, fast-paced environment.