Our client is a Global Professional Services Firm, they're looking to engage with an Electronic Data Interchange Development Technical Analyst who will be responsible for modernizing the EDI Solution including Infrastructure Migration, provide support for Current State EDI Solution, Develop EDI Maps and Onboard Customer/Carriers and, long-term, Re-Platform EDI to API approach using MuleSoft.
• Assess current state technical flow (primarily EDI 315 and 322 transactions)
• Assess current state volume of transactions (EDIFACT and ANSI X12)
# of Customers and Carriers on EDIFACT versions 1 - 4
# of Customers and Carriers on X12 Releases (4010, 5010, etc.)
# Document any unique carrier/customer mapping requirement(s) in translation (Ex. Key elements in segments)
• Build standard operating processes
#Inbound messages to EDI tool (ex. EDI 315 from Ocean Carrier(s))
#Outbound messages from EDI tool (ex. Container Update in Transit – ETA message)
• Document any reporting needs (ex. message timeliness, message sequencing etc.)
• Documented standard operating processes (primarily EDI 315 and 322; possibly others)
• Documented EDI customizations for Carriers and Customers, including mapping details, version, and release for X12 and EDIFACT formats
• Documented EDI development, testing, de-bugging, go-live for net new EDI transactions
• Documented onboarding effort (team size, roles and responsibilities, job descriptions)
• Documented EDI development skillset needed in future state (IBM Sterling and possibly MuleSoft)
• Documented Current State EDI maintenance checklist and common issue debugging
- At least 5 years of EDI mapping experience, working in an EDI production support environment.
- Exceptional proficiency in EDI ANSI X 12 standards.
- Hands-on experience on Building interfaces on any ESB platform.
- Experience designing Mule ESB templates
- Knowledge of other API management tools like apigee and WSO2 will be added
- Strong analytical, conceptual, and problem-solving abilities.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple tasks and projects, prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Able to learn new concepts and skills quickly.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Exhibit sound judgment and the ability to work independently, with minimal supervision.