Our client a leading professional services firm is looking to onboard a Principal Consultant- Oracle Database Admin – L3.
Key responsibilities includes:
• Installations, configurations, upgrades, patching, performance tuning, reorganization, backup and recovery of Oracle databases.
• Installing, configuring and security settings for Oracle Database
• Should have worked in High Availability Features like Clustering, Always On, Log Shipping, DB Mirroring and Replication.
• Upgrading/Consolidating/Migrating of Database.
• Cross-Functional Migration from One Technology to Another or On-Prem to Cloud.
• Responsible for ensuring availability and performance of the databases that support the system.
• Performing daily maintenance task for critical databases.
• Establish and maintain sound backup and recovery policies and procedures.
• Setup and maintain documentation and standards.
• Configure Oracle database monitoring utilities (OEM) to minimize false alarms.
• Create, maintain and administer monitoring and ongoing maintenance & administration of System Center Operations Manager
• ITIL Skill set requirement (Problem Management/Incident Management/Chain Management etc.)
• Documenting major changes to Database Activities
• Identify, research, and resolve technical problems like Database tuning and performance monitoring, Physical Server Level, Database level (Database settings and options) and query tuning.
• Proactively monitor the database systems to ensure secure services with minimum downtime.
• Automation of regular and repetitive tasks.
• Driving permanent fixes and issue resolution.
• Handling the task of managing database structure, storage allocation, database access, roles, users and privileges.
• Should be involved in troubleshooting, resolving data integrity and monitoring performance issues.
• Should have proven communication skills and experience in handling bridge call. Available for after-hours critical escalations and provide 7×24 supports when required.
Shift- 8AM EST to 5Pm EST
-Bachelor's Degree required. Preferably in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
-Strong Knowledge on handling On-Prem Databases and on Cloud (AWS/Azure).
-5-10 years of Oracle Database Admin and business/industry work experience
-Knowledge of OEM and other monitoring tools.
-Strong leader with a desire to educate and develop good young talent within the team.
-Scripting and DevOps Tool Knowledge.
-Experience on cloud agnostic tools like Jenkins, Maven, Terraform etc
-Experience on automation languages like python, shell scripts, pearl/ruby
-Should be effective in communication skills and client communication
-Should proactively look into all support servers with 24 x 7 support whenever the issue arises.
-Solid process skills with an understanding of change control processes and managing critical production environments.
-Strong inter-personal, analytical thinking, presentation and communication skills essential.
*Language: English (mandatory)