Our client, a leading philanthropic investment firm, is looking for independent consultants who can deliver the following responsibilities :
- Identifying key trends in the space that could help advance our quality of work across sectors. Scoping out new high potential opportunities
- Reviewing and analyzing business plans, investment proposals, and organization budgets; prioritizing opportunities, conducting necessary diligence on prospects
- Supporting deal execution by taking shortlisted opportunities through a well-defined approval and closing process, including definitive documentation, legal and financial due diligence (as applicable)
- Working closely with investees (for-profit and non-profit) on strategic aspects to help them scale successfully, achieve their financial targets and impact potential, including by engaging with the Board, co-investors, etc.
- Monitoring the performance of the investees (for-profit and non-profit) periodically
- Regularly monitoring the performance of the portfolio (for-profit and non-profit)
- Working closely with investees (for-profit and non-profit) on strategic aspects to help them scale successfully, achieve their financial targets and impact potential
- Provide analytic and strategic support to portfolio companies as needed
- Market scanning on potential competitors, acquisitions & partnerships
- Participate in follow-on financing discussions, build investment materials
- Assist in building exit pathways
- Building relationships with other investors, start-up founders/executives and other eco-system players to identify potential areas of collaboration
- Develop and publish a thesis for investments across sectors
- Collaborate internally to advance the firm's strategy and mission
- Represent the team in a manner that is consistent with our mission
- Perform other responsibilities, as necessary
This project requires Full-Time capacity for the duration of 6 months.
- Deep passion to make a difference in the nascent and fast-developing spaces of digital identity, governance & citizen engagement and property rights
- Good understanding of challenges in the space and familiarity with key technology-led interventions that are making a positive impact would be helpful.
- 2-5 years of business experience, preference for those in direct investing roles (e.g. in leading private equity or venture capital firm, impact investment firm or corporate development group within a large company), management consultancy or project management roles for reputed institutions.
- Good communication skills – Excellent writing and presentation skills; ability to communicate succinctly
- Good interpersonal skills – Ability to work collaboratively with colleagues around the world
- Sound knowledge of investment execution