For the unorganised and semi-organised workforce, which accounts for about 80 percent of India’s workforce, the lockdown has resulted into reverse migration, food shortages and loss of a sustainable livelihoods. Migrant workers across the country are stranded in cities without any income, and with the bus and train networks shut for weeks. In the Phase-3.0 of the lockdown migrant workers are been brought back by the state governments. The states of the north and east are grappling with huge numbers of returning migrants to home-districts. Handling the influx of returning migrants, providing them with a Safety-Net, and then opportunities of livelihoods, is both a critical challenge but also presents to states like Uttar Pradesh a unique opportunity.
Our client is part of a consortium that is looking for a highly qualified and skilled professional to lead a team of technical and management professionals embedded within the Rural development Department in UP. The Project lead will work directly with the executive leadership of the RDD, and, will be responsible for achieving the overall objectives of the project. The overall role encompasses:
· Lead a team of technical and management professionals, and, converge their efforts in achievement of the objectives of the initiative
· Interact directly with the Leadership of the Rural Development Department (UP) on day-to-day basis and maintain excellent relationship and meaningful association
· Periodically review the progress and interim results of the initiative and share it with the key stakeholders
· Provide regular updates on the progress of the project with the leadership team of the client and consortium for joint planning and implementation of the project
Work in tandem with the leadership and functionaries of different related Government departments (Health, ICDS, PRI etc.), other NGOs and civil society organisations in the state
- Experience of leading large projects at the national/ state level (preferably in Hindi speaking states)
- Experience of working with the Executive Leadership of the Government at the national/ state level (preferably in Hindi speaking states)
- Extensive understanding of various schemes and initiatives related to rural economic development such as Mahatma Gandhi National Rural Employment Guarantee Act (MGNREGS), SRLMs etc.
- Extensive experience of managing the expectations of different stakeholders such as donors, clients, NGO partners etc.