Our client, a non-government, non-profit public service organisation that works towards socio-economic and political empowerment, is looking at recruiting a Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Manager who would be based out of the Head Office and would be part of the central unit integrating the implementation
of the MEL strategy across states and programmes.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Managing Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning activities, including developing and implementing the MEL framework, performance indicators, MEL tools, and data quality assurance processes to ensure the timeliness and validity of data entry.
- Lead the roll-out and adaptation of the organisation’s MEL strategy and framework, including the ToC and underpinning logic.
- Provide advice to the Management Unit through the Central Function 5 at the Head Office on MEL systems and operations.
- Developing and rolling out a full MEL capacity development plan for the organisation.
- Helping the organisation to generate high quality data-based reports for donors and other key stakeholders.
- Support proposals and project agreements to establish adequate and appropriate MEL and develop data collection protocols and tools to gather information on program activities, outputs, outcomes, and impacts across different thematic areas.
- Monitor the quality, reliability and relevance of data collected to ascertain the outcome, impact and sustainability of organisation's programmes and projects.
- Work closely with program teams to interpret evaluation findings and provide recommendations for program improvement.
- Work with other units at the Head Office to develop and generate evidence based on organisation's learning agenda, strengthen integration of learning in programmes and the organisation’s voice in relevant sector forums;
- Keep up to date with emerging and trending best practice in processes and tools for M&E, including evaluations of similar programmes;
- Take a lead role in extracting and consolidating evidence and learning from evaluations, projects and programmes to identify best practice across organisation's geographies.
1. A minimum of 6-8 years of relevant experience with demonstrable leadership experience in the Design and Implementation of organisational MEL framework implemented by national/international NGOs/government programmes.
2. Educational Background: Master's degree in a relevant field such as International Development, Social Sciences, Statistics, Data Science, Economics or a related discipline from a reputed university.
3. Experience in setting up functioning organisational/community/partnership-based learning systems/processes based on M&E data is preferred.
4. Strong experience of developing evidence for informing policy; preferably experience with community-based implementation approaches, with familiarity of
relevant concepts, including socio-economic empowerment, gender equality, financial inclusion, rural/agricultural development, food security, or similar.
5. Familiarity with a wide range of MEL methods and approaches, including complexity-aware approaches, Systems thinking, and GIS based monitoring system.
6. Ability to think both strategically and operationally around the introduction and implementation of appropriate tools and technology, processes and strategies.
7. Strong experience of in qualitative, quantitative, participatory and mixed methods of collection and analysing data and using tools for statistical analysis.
8. Ability to communicate evidence and insights in a clear, compelling and non-violent manner, work collaboratively with a wide range of peers from different backgrounds & identify capacity building opportunities, lead trainings and capacity building workshops.