Our client, a top tier consulting firm, is looking to engage with a data engineer who can help them in building a digital garage for one of their construction goods manufacturing company for lead generation purposes.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Design, develop, optimize, and maintain data architecture and pipelines that adhere to ETL principles and business goals
2. Solve complex data problems to deliver insights that helps our business to achieve their goals
3. Foster a culture of sharing, re-use, design for scale stability, and operational efficiency of data and analytical solutions
4. Lead the evaluation, implementation and deployment of emerging tools and process for analytic data engineering in order to improve our productivity as a team
5. Partner with business analysts and solutions architects to develop technical architectures for data projects and initiatives, and implement them at scale.
▪ Expertise in SQL and data analysis and experience with at least one programming
language (Python or R preferred)
▪ Experience in multiple database technologies such as Distributed Processing (Spark, Hadoop, EMR), traditional RDBMS (MS SQL Server, Oracle, MySQL, PostgreSQL), MPP (AWS Redshift, Teradata), NoSQL (MongoDB, DynamoDB, Cassandra, Neo4J, Titan)
▪ Ability to work across structured, semi-structured, and unstructured data, extracting information and identifying linkages across disparate data sets
▪ Experience with BI tools such as Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Shiny
▪ Knowledge of data and analytics, such as dimensional modeling, ETL, reporting tools, data governance, data warehousing, structured and unstructured data.
▪ Big Data Development experience using Hive, Impala, Spark and familiarity with Kafka (Preferred)
▪ Exposure to machine learning, data science, computer vision, artificial intelligence, statistics, and/or applied mathematics is desired
▪ Strong understanding of Agile methodologies and experience of working in agile teams