Our client, a leading Japanese education company, is looking to engage with a senior consultant to help assess their potential to enter the Indian market with a product offering. They wish to collaborate with Indian companies to offer educational support for schools in the form of simulated or mock exams, proficiency tests etc. The tests support enhancement of academic abilities at the national level for high school students.
The consultant will be supported by an analyst and will be expected to drive the following
1. Oversee and drive basic research of the Indian landscape involving
- Market sizing, competitive environment and growth potential
- Research on major players int he market
- Channel, pricing and promotion strategy of the competitor's products
- Degree of liberation for foreign capital in education
- Regulations for foreign firms to enter
2. Understand the potential collaboration companies through a detailed insight into
- Business scale
- Business model
- Corporate Philosophy - mission, vision and value of the company
- Challenges if any, and ways to address them
3. Get a rough sense of size and scale of the opportunity basis different business models
Survey methods involve desktop research, research of competitors, expert interviews, quantitative/qualitative surveys.
There will be regular weekly meetings and a final report needs to be submitted at the end of the project.
1. Deep experience of conducting market assessments and developing market entry strategies
2. Experience in overseeing market research and deriving marketing hypothesis will be a definite plus
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Ability to interpret research findings for multiple audiences
5. Ability to creatively solve business problems, innovating new approaches where required
6. Knowledge of the education space in India either as an entrepreneur or an investor will be a plus