Our client, a leading Japanese education company, is looking to engage with an Analyst to help assess the potential to enter the Indian market for a monthly subscription-based home-delivery package for pre-school children.
Roles and Responsibilities :
1 Drive basic research of the Indian landscape involving
- Market sizing of the pre-school and primary age group and the growth potential by region, income and language
- Research on major players and the parenting environment
- Channel, pricing and promotion strategy of the competitor's products
- List of future potential partners
2. Create a hypothesis of the Go-to-market strategy involving
- Demographics of the target customer audience and rationale for choosing to focus on specific segments
- Value addition to current products and services, key points of differentiation versus competitors
- Strategies involving Sales channels, Pricing strategy , Marketing approaches
Survey methods involve desktop research, research of competitors, expert interviews, quantitative/qualitative surveys.
There will be regular weekly meetings and a final report needs to be submitted at the end of the project.
The Analyst will be reporting to a senior consultant for the above deliverables.
1. Experience of conducting market assessments and developing market entry strategies
2. Experience in conducting market research and deriving marketing hypothesis will be a definite plus
3. Excellent written and oral communication skills
4. Knowledge of statistics will be a plus
5. Ability to interpret research findings for multiple audiences
6. Knowledge of the education space in India