Our client - a Japanese Education Conglomerate is planning a POC (Proof of Concept) for an assessments business for schools in India. The PoC will run for 1 year for which they are looking for a consultant to help them identify suppliers/partners who can help them run this entire exercise, and help them profile and shortlist the vendors they should work with. This is a critical exercise for the client as the success of the PoC and hence plans to scale will depend meaningfully on the partners they identify to support them.
The work would involve:
- Researching and making a list of companies that have "(1) printing and publishing" "(2) delivery and collection" functions that are necessary as supply chain functions to operate an assessment business,
- Profile the top companies in each of the 2 parts of the supply chain and outline their capabilities on a set of parameters (scale, clients, services provided, pricing). In addition to secondary research this will require some conversations with clients as well to get feedback on vendors.
- Assess the ability of the prioritised companies to scale ie even if the number of test papers printed or/and delivered is in units of 200,000-300,000 or more.
- Assess the track record of the potential vendors in the education industry (especially working with schools and colleges/universities etc).We would like to prioritise partner candidates out of the identified companies as above for building a long-term business in India.
The final deliverable would be an answer to the following questions:
- List the major "publishing companies" and "delivery companies" in India.
- A list of shortlisted companies based on their strengths on key parameters
- More detailed profiles of the top 2-3 companies each for the client to reach out to for the Printing/Publishing and Delivery/Collection slivers of the value chain
Support in establishing contact and kickstarting the discussions with the top vendors will be a nice to have. It is an estimated 4 week project with a likely start in mid Jan and final delivery around mid Feb 2021. The consultant would be support by a senior consultant who will work in putting all the research together