Our client - a Japanese Education Conglomerate is looking to on-board a consultant who can help in conducting Online Program Management (OPM ) Business research for India entry strategy. The consultant will be led and guided by a senior Consultant who will be leading this project and delivering the same after collating and synthesizing the entire research.
OPM(Online Program Management) market has been growing rapidly since several years ago mainly in the US, and the shock of Covid-19 has accelerated the evolution of its model and expansion into the other regions. The client has launched Global Business Development department this April to accelerate its growth globally and one of the priority opportunities to explore is OPM in India/Asia and want support in the business research.
Research Purpose :-
- To understand the basic structure and key trends surrounding higher education and current/potential needs for the overall online higher education in India (incl. OPMs like 2U/Noodle and MOOCs like Coursera, and the other online platforms such as Udemy and Minerva) for the coming 3~5 years and 5~10 years.
- To understand the current situation and future potential of OPM market in India , including the market structure/size/trends, profiles of major customers, key players, and major stakeholders (e.g. government).
- To have a deep-dive understanding on characteristics and uniqueness of the major OPM businesses in India, especially in value propositions, differentiating factors, business models (pricing, capital intensity and profitability), and operating models, compared with the US models which is based on much higher tuition.
- To develop perspectives on what types of evolution/adaptation will be needed/made from the basic model of OPM (OPM1.0) established in the US into the future model (OPM2.0) in India for the coming 3~5 years and 5~10 years.
Key Responsibilities :-
- Understand, refine and prioritize their research needs.
- Identify appropriate information sources and conducting focused and productive interviews as needed
- Gather information using a broad spectrum of sources.
It is an estimated 7 week project with a likely start in early Feb and final delivery around late Mar 2021.