A leading investment firm is looking for an independent consultant with project management experience in operations/manufacturing assignments, to augment their team on the ground for a transformation and productivity improvement program for one of their portfolio companies which manufactures industrial salt, bromine, and sulphate of potash.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Help undertake a diagnostic of manufacturing operations - by product and process - to identify areas of improvement on a) costs b) process efficiency c) manpower productivity.
2. Ability to work closely with the senior leadership on various initiatives, and take overall responsibility for the site.
3. Review the entire manufacturing process (from production planning to formulations to packaging) and leverage best practices to identify improvement areas.
4. Facilitate implementation of the key productivity enhancement initiatives in conjunction with the client team.
5. Developing tight implementation plans for the key initiatives.
1. This would be a full-time engagement for a 6-12 month period (exact duration will be decided post discussion)
2. The consultant would be expected to spend at least 4-5 days at the plant every week, and play a key role in leading execution efforts with help from the plant team
3. The plant is situated at a remote location (nearest towns are Nakhatrana and Bhuj) - Weekly fly backs to the home location would be arranged by the client
1. Prior experience in a technical position, like an operations or production manager role at a chemicals / fertilizer plant, would be ideal or experience in a top tier consulting firm with project experience in the manufacturing/operations function for a chemical / pharma plant.
2. Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
3. Strong verbal and communication skills and ability to summarize and articulate complex information clearly.
4. Ability to lead and work in a team.