Our client is Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC) at Ashoka University which was set up through a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. They are looking to engage with a consultant who can be responsible for the end to end management of their financial inclusion portfolio of the Centre with a focus on feasibility for its implementation to scale up.
This is a leadership role responsible for the end to end management of the financial inclusion portfolio of the Centre. It involves developing the overarching FI strategy (including strategy for stakeholder engagement) and impactful behavior change programs to reach unbanked and underbanked populations. The role entails solving complex and interesting challenges to achieve the objective of bringing these marginalized populations under the fold of the formal banking system. There are strong elements of demand generation strategy and communication strategy with a focus on feasibility for implementation for scale up.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Lead the FI portfolio by providing technical guidance, oversight over implementation, regular liaison with stakeholders, monitoring progress on project deliverables & timelines.
2. Work closely with other project partners (data analytics, communication agencies, research agencies etc.) to ensure quality project deliverables.
3. Maintain regular liaison with Govt. and donor
4. Conceptualize, plan and execute impactful behavior change strategies to achieve program objectives
5. Use various diagnostic tools (like qualitative research, quantitative studies, literature reviews etc.) to define programmatic approach
6. Develop communication material (mass media, mid media and IPC) to create awareness about Govt. FI schemes amongst rural populations
NOTE: This project will be based out of the Delhi/NCR region and will require a full time, on-site support from the consultant.
• 12 to 14 years of work experience in a senior role in marketing strategy or management consulting
• Previous experience in financial services strongly preferred
• BoP / rural marketing experience is an added advantage
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders
• Ability to work within tight timelines
• Strong project management skills: scoping project, developing of a workplan, leading teams to deliver,
• Managing quality of deliverables, ensuring client alignment and budgeting.
• Strong communication skills: written, verbal and presentation skills.
• Experience with interpreting primary and secondary research results, including extracting insights from multiple pieces of research
• Understanding of media planning / media channels including digital
• Educational background: MBA from a premier institute