Our client is Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC) at Ashoka University which was set up through a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. They are looking to engage with an individual with experience in recruitment of research subjects, management of stakeholders in the field and working in rural and peri-urban India.
Role and Responsibilities:
1. Seek permission from various state/district/local level authorities and departments to conduct different studies and experiments
2. Community entry: Speak to various ground level stakeholders familiarising them with the study and its objective
3. Engage mobilisers at the ground level to aid in the creation of a big and diverse subject pool
4. Recruitment planning: Mapping areas, scouting suitable locations, conducting recruitment drives etc.
5. Supervising data collection and conducting regular data checks
6. Synthesising data and sending regular updates
7. Assisting lab team members in database management
1. Provide logistical support to all project activities.
2. Work closely with the project leads to coordinate project planning, hiring, procurement, and any other necessary logistics.
3. Supervise transfer of equipment, personnel, and other logistics across different project locations
4. Assisting Lab manager in setting up and running mobile lab experiments
1. A Bachelor's/Master’s degree in any social science discipline with excellent management and organisational skills
2. Good communication, interpersonal, and networking skills
3. Previous experience in -
a. Conducting surveys/RCTs/clinical trials/quasi-experiments in rural India
b. Leading a team of surveyors and field officers
c. Using MS Office
d. Basic database management and handling large datasets
4. Willingness and ability to live in rural or peri-urban areas and travel extensively to study areas
5. Ability to deal with unstructured and changing environments
6. Flexible, self-motivated, able to manage multiple tasks efficiently, and team player
7. Ability to give and receive constructive feedback