Our client is Centre for Social and Behaviour Change (CSBC) at Ashoka University which was set up through a grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. They are looking to engage with a consultant to manage all Behavior Change Communications related work at the centre.
Govt. interfacing and responding to ministry requests is a key element of this role. Additionally, the incumbent will also support internal project teams (maternal health, family planning, financial inclusion etc.) for building effective BCC strategies and provide technical support.
Roles and Responsibilities -
- Design & implementation of SBCC campaigns in accordance with Govt. / Ministry requests.
- Develop comprehensive communication tools and SBCC campaign materials and activities, using evidence-based theories and methodologies, in close collaboration with program leads.
- Manage the work of any SBCC firm such as advertising agencies,public relations experts, production vendors, community mobilizers, and/or consultants hired for the specific project.
- Provide technical assistance to planning, designing, implementing and evaluating communication campaigns.
- Support formative and evaluation research as needed, to inform SBCC campaign strategy
- Assist in technical reporting to the donor and other relevant partners, and in dissemination of results to wider audiences
The role will be based out of Vasant Vihar, New Delhi.
- 8 to 10 years of work experience in a mid-senior role as a BCC expert
- A Master’s degree in Development Communications/C4D or public health communications preferred
- Preference is towards candidates who’ve managed BCC for a Govt. program or at a multi-lateral development firm; rather than managing CSR funds for a private sector entity
- Should have managed diverse stakeholders, especially Govt.
- Prior experience in managing large scale community mobilization programs and developing IPC material is a must
- Must be well versed with how Govt. machinery operates (especially district administration) and engaging with on-ground community networks like SHGs, PRIs etc.
- Demonstrated knowledge of and ability to plan and conduct participatory training activities
- Exceptional oral, interpersonal, presentation skills and writing skills with a strong understanding of operationalizing BCC strategies
- Self-reliant, good problem solver, results oriented, ability to work on short timelines and a passion for innovative communication solutions with a relentless drive for flawless execution