Our client, a leading Premium Global Conglomerate, is looking to engage with an Innovation Strategy Consultant for FMCG business unit (s). This is a 6-12 months project based out of Mumbai and requires full time capacity.
I. Job Purpose:
Role entails working with the Category Innovation Head to drive Innovation & synergies across our group companies. The intent of this role is to work on Products, Services innovations in Consumer facing categories.
Every Category will have 2-3 people working with them. The work would be divided by Projects and /or by companies.
1. Identifying Business relevant opportunities:
- Understand category intelligence, consumer and Technology trends & future growth drivers;
- Generate regular category insights that could trigger new possibilities;
- Identifying Impactful/ breakthrough Innovation opportunities for the Category basis adjacencies.
2. Translating ideas to valid business opportunities:
- Scoping and Building strong Business cases for opportunities in discussion;
- Crafting and Strengthening initial idea to a commercially valid strong product and proposition;
- Owning or Supporting teams through product development & Mix development;
- Guiding projects to launch and supporting post launch to first milestones.
3. Project management and Process Governance:
- Anchor for overall project governance and management;
- Co-Custodian of the innovation process through the project journey;
4. Voice of consumer/ Customer & Brand:
- Ensure consumer centricity at every stage of the project;
- Validating consumer/ brand relevance at various stages;
- Guiding the business team on Brand principles where required.
5. Plug and Play Capability fill:
- Work hand in hand with and ‘as’ business team members. Will require Building a strong understanding of business structures and value chains;
- Bring in capabilities that business team will require for project success. Eg: product /research / design etc;
- Collaborating with outside in Technology sources/ startups / agencies / experts where required to bring in capabilities that may not exist inhouse;
- Prior experience in innovation, PMO, governance, strategy and business development is preferred;
- Prior experience in Consumer Goods, CPGD, Consumer durables, Fashion or FMCG is preferred;
- 10 years of experience in innovation and related domains is preffered;
- Detail oriented and problem solving;
- Women Consultants are preferred;
- Excellent communication skills