Our client is looking for a Product Development Consultant to help develop, source and procure material for a new line of sustainable footwear.
- Develop concepts, products and solutions by coordinating with business stakeholders.
- Provides specific technical expertise to ensure effective transition of footwear design into samples and production while ensuring the manufacturability, material selection, material standards, development timeline and cost to target are met.
- Understand customer expectations from the products - based on research data, experience of other competitor products.
- Detail out the product portfolio to be launched and align that with business stakeholders.
- Development of the product for the portfolio decided.
- Work with the procurement team to figure out the sourcing options for the products.
- Outline an implementation plan to get the products finalized and to market, with key steps and timelines.
- Operationally, account for development area with predefined scope of responsibilities.
- Work closely on sourcing and procurement of the product.
- Have development and engineering knowledge and expertise and can provide input into projects.
- Strong on technical aspects of the brand and product development.
- Have a strong engineering and creative mindset. With minimal input and feedback, can identify problems and provide solutions to complex development issues.
- Can manage direct reports with support from line manager.
Good written and verbal English communication.
Requisite Education and Qualifications -
- University degree preferably on shoe making or engineering years production, development or related experience in Footwear industry.
- Passion and interest in athletic competition, sports or fitness related activities - Production, Product Testing or dev./comm. or costing background Good knowledge of shoes manufacturing process.
- Some experience in pattern engineering, mold making, grading, materials processing etc.
- Ability to read shell patterns, 2D and 3D blueprints, spec sheets, cost breakdowns, etc.