Our client, a leading global NGO, is looking for an interim CFO who will be reporting to and partnering with the Chief Executive Officer (CEO) and a member of the Executive Team. He/she will be an advisor to senior leadership and the Board, working with them to make strategic financial decisions on behalf of the organization.
Key projects and initiatives that need immediate attention as part of International Finance, Treasury, Controller, Compliance functions include but are not limited the following:
1. Lead the FY23 budget process
2. Lead FY23 budget monitoring
3. Lead organization costing project
4. Support key Board Committees—Finance Committee and Audit/Risk Compliance (in coordination with the Chief Ethics and Compliance Officer)
5. Oversee process for the sale of stakes in foreign microfinance institutions
6. Refinance mortgage of company-owned Portland facility
7. Help to oversee Grant Compliance
8. Serve as a member of the Executive Team
9. Build team morale by helping to improve relationships between Finance and other functions.
10. Overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for the organization, in conjunction with the board of directors and the finance, audit, and risk, and investment committees of the board.
1. Bachelor’s degree in finance, operations, research, statistics, math, economics, or related analytical discipline preferred.
2. Master’s degree in accounting or business administration, or equivalent business experience.
3. Prior experience as a CFO in the development sector, or equivalent experience would be preferred.
4. 10+ years of progressively responsible experience for a major company or division of a large corporation, or prior experience as an advisor to or executive at an early-stage company.
5. Advanced Excel proficiency. 10+ years of practical experience of using Excel for building and maintaining financial models.
6. A natural curiosity and a “big picture” mentality.
7. Excellent spoken and written communication and experience partnering with an executive team.