Our client, a leading management consulting firm, is looking to engage with an Infrastructure specialist consultant.
Design cost-efficient infrastructure products and services encompassing servers, storage, workstations, middleware, networks and other hardware facilities supporting applications and business processes.
Assess and monitor existing infrastructure systems to make sure they meet business requirements. Report to business leaders and provide technical direction to new system implementation.
1. Develop and maintain/ improve the enterprise infrastructure. Lead continuous improvement initiatives to improve infrastructure processes
2. Develop, document, and recommend plans for investing in IT infrastructure, including cost optimization analysis
3. Define infrastructure building blocks based on infrastructure product and service requirements
4. Develop an infrastructure transformation roadmap
5. Determine acceptable performance thresholds and test specifications across the organization
6. Engage with the application architecture team to understand projected application requirement and translate it to infrastructure sizing and configuration requirement
7. Evaluate and select appropriate software or hardware and suggest integration methods
8. Engage with the Operations team to regularly understand problems
Capacity: Full time
Duration: 6 months
1. 10+ years of experience in Infrastructure Management
2. Preferred Tech certifications e.g., AWS, Azure, VMware, Cisco or
3. Knowledge of IT infrastructure libraries, data centre technologies, cybersecurity
and configuration management
4. Expertise in working in virtualized environments, preferably VMware
5. Expertise with technical design including servers, storage, networking and
cloud-based IaaS/PaaS services
6. Ability to diagnose operational issues and to design and evaluate
solutions in a technical domain
7. Self-motivated with the ability to manage multiple workstreams effectively
8. Strong sense of ownership and acceptance of responsibility