Our client, a not-for-profit organization of a leading FMCG firm is looking to engage with a consultant. The requirement is of a Data Analyst for the Behaviour Change Study on Adherence to Water Use Advisory in Agriculture for Punjab (two districts of majorly – Ludhiana and Moga).
The Consultant will be responsible for assessing field data from an ongoing behaviour change field study with farmers in Punjab and would be responsible to review periodic data, interpret results and report key findings.
Key responsibilities include:
1. Understand the context of the research study and strengthen research design based on secondary data and literature reviews.
2. Conduct data reviews and analysis throughout the cropping season, this should cover:
- Document interactions with implementation partners (CIPT and Cultyvate)
- Manage research data, be the single data repository point for all data being generated in real-time (or periodic) basis on adherence to advisory.
- Track emerging trends based on the study hypothesis for each new round of data
- Analyse data and draw inferences on advisory compliance observed in the field across different study groups (Control and Experimental groups).
- Determine contributory or dissuading factors impacting compliance with advisory by correlating compliance findings with farmer characteristics.
3. Final report and recommendations
- Develop study report highlighting the study findings and recommendations – in Word document and PowerPoint
- Visualise data and key findings so that the documentation is engaging and comprehensible
- Provide support, as needed on dissemination of findings with partners and other stakeholders
NOTE: Duration of the project will be 4 months with part time capacity.
- Good knowledge of the development and impact space.
- Experience in working on Primary and Secondary Data.
- Strong proficiency in number crunching and MS Office (Excel, PowerPoint, and Word), data analysis and visualization software.
- Should be a Critical Thinker to come up with clear trends and correlations based on the data presented.
- Should be able to identify key trends, insights and gaps in raw data.
- Should be able to represent findings with graphs and visualizations for quick comprehension of data.
- Excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Familiarity with monitoring and evaluation methods and practice.