Our client, a leading FMCG company is looking to engage with a consultant in Supply Chain Procurement as Strategic Sourcing Manager. The Consultant will be responsible to-
- lead regional and global strategic sourcing activities within area of spend responsibility, including definition of internal customer needs, insight of supply markets, developing sourcing strategies, activation of supplier selection and negotiation, facilitating supplier implementation and ongoing strategic supplier relationship management.
- IT relationship between IP and assigned UL internal stakeholder community.
- co-ordination of global sourcing projects with the regional IT Supply Management teams – ensuring a seamless service to the stakeholders
- Develop and align own workplan, objectives, priorities, and processes within the context of the overall IT supply management and stakeholder community priorities and processes.
- Lead global and regional strategic sourcing activities to professionalize the sourcing of materials / clusters of external spend within area of spend responsibility.
- Identify, initiate and sustain direct interactions with appropriate internal stakeholders / functional / operating teams within the business to drive “buying” behavior change required to meet business project objectives and facilitate implementation of the approved sourcing strategies.
- Conduct data gathering and analysis of internal needs. Develop and follow supply market knowledge and insight (e.g. suppliers, price trends, cost drivers, acquisitions & disposals etc.).
- Develop appropriate sourcing strategies for cluster of spend within area of responsibility.
- Execute the sourcing strategy, including tendering, analysis, selection of and negotiation with suppliers, including crafting and placing of legal agreements / contracts and confidentiality agreements and ensure that all are conducted in accordance with Unilever’s code of business ethics and corporate social responsibility requirements.
- Ensure that supply agreements, commercial terms & conditions, specification information and pricing information including changes is communicated accurately and in a timely fashion to appropriate operational teams/individuals.
- Enable and facilitate the implementation of the approved sourcing strategies with appropriate functional and operational teams within the business.
- Responsible for ongoing supplier relationship management, monitoring, review and continuous improvement as well as leading supplier side of innovation/sustainability/cost savings projects.
- Respond proactively to information demands and questions from supply management operational teams and other internal parties as needed.
- Provide input, influence and linkage to business transaction tools (as appropriate) e.g. SAP BW, Ariba Buyer.
- Have input to the development of a Supply Management Team workplan for area of responsibility, to deliver the required objectives and within this context develop own strategic sourcing team priorities.
- At least 5 years general business experience in any function at appropriate work level(s)
- Software and IT services procurement knowledge and experience
- Appropriate functional business experience in supply management, finance or functional area of assigned stakeholder community with a proven track record of strategic analysis, negotiation, team leadership.