The client requires the consultant to support management of its family health (FH) portfolio of investments, comprising family planning, nutrition and maternal and newborn health, plus cross cutting behavior change.
The Consultant will support the FH team with high quality analysis and decision analytics around key issues, making sure that new data from partners, grants and projects are captured, analyzed and the results fed back into the strategic decision-making processes. The assignment will require bringing complementary strategic acumen to the team to understand how different elements of work fit within a larger portfolio in support of selected states’ health and development goals and how the Foundation’s allocation of resources across multiple areas of work supports the achievement of larger goals.
Under the direct guidance of the Deputy Director FHFP Initiative lead, or whomever s/he delegates on specific tasks, assist the India Country Office as follows:
- Develop analysis, reports and documents to support in planning and management of the FH portfolio at India Country Office - within the matrix organization and systematic internal processes
- Collect data coming in from grants, contracts and partners; Analyze data in Excel and other programs; Use data to test team(s) hypotheses and provide inputs to the program team
- Create concept notes that could support the creation of “Draft” sections of key documents, reports, and presentations for a variety of purposes and audiences, summarizing developments and recommendations for program areas and external partners.
- Provide inputs on the measurement, learning and evaluation strategy for the FH portfolio. Help design processes and systems which will foster data and analysis from grants and research back into key strategy and portfolio management decisions. Develop an operational plan for the above if needed.,
- Interact and communicate clearly and consistently with grantees and partners in the field, as required.
- Provide inputs on FH to identifying topics for new primary research and technology innovation with high potential.
- Provide other related inputs on FH as needs arise.
Note - The assignment will be for at least 6 months but may be extended based on requirement and performance. The project location will be Delhi.
- Prior experience in the healthcare sector and specifically SRHR, plus preferably at least one of nutrition, MNH, and health behavior change
- Prior Management Consulting Experience
- Creativity, high energy, a positive attitude, and demonstrated initiative to solve unstructured problems with little oversight
- Strong background in data analysis, statistical analysis skills, spatial/GIS analysis skills
- Strong project management skills with excellent written and oral communication skills
- Strong organization skills and resourcefulness; ability to prioritize work based on minimal direction and multiple competing priorities.
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with and through others; building positive relationships
- Expertise and experience of the family health context and programming in India in the broader span of the Indian health system.