Our client, a leading development sector organisation, is looking to engage with a consultant over the next year /18 months to help accelerate the WSH Program’s efforts to launch their initiatives in the Fecal Sludge Management(FSM) space in India.
Roles and Responsibilities include :
1. Identify and secure at least three commercial partners for the Reinvented Toilet and Omni-Processor technology in India
2. Identify and introduce potential partners based on their current business operations and understanding of the Indian market place and service channel strength.
3. Provide insights and research into market dynamics, barriers and segmentation (incl. sizing, trends, and likelihood to be early adopters) to feed into making a strong business case for identified commercial partners and for use by the foundation in developing the market
4. Support the design and input into the Go-to-market structures and strategies for select commercial partners to ensure business success for them
5. As needed, provide pricing and value proposition analysis to identified commercial partners, the foundation and grantees for showcasing the business potential of the RT and OP products
6. Identify potential financial partners and social impact funds willing to invest in the FSM market in India
7. Assist in developing loan programs for qualified commercial partners working in FSM and FSTP operations
8. Identify and document incentives and disincentives specific to each market, and any other barriers to market development, and propose strategies and mechanisms to accelerate adoption
The Consultant will have sufficient working experience and a reasonable association with senior business executives in India, and be familiar with how Indian companies approach new areas of business.
This is an on-site assignment based in Delhi for a period of 18 months and requires no more than 30 hours of your time per week.
o Intimate experience in successfully launching a new product category or significant innovation in India or other emerging markets
o 10+ years in go to market strategy and/or product marketing, with a focus on
developing a strong service network
o Strong project management discipline
o Experience in launching products in India
o Excellent communications, presentation and analytic skills
o Creative problem-solving skills, with a tenacious focus on the business goals
o Experience in selling to governments
o Experience in fund raising in the social venture space
o Subject matter expertise on competitive landscapes, global trends, and how to apply both to help commercial partners be successful
Preference would be given to Consultants with experience and involvement in successfully launching a new product category or significant innovation in India or other emerging markets. Additional experience working with social investors and banks is also valued.