Consultant will be required to partner with key marketing stakeholders in all their strategic, innovation, communication and activation activities. He/she will support the line manager in driving Transformational Actions with Business Partners rooted in Consumer and Market Insights. Responsible and accountable for all research work of the assigned brands. This will involve working with multiple internal stakeholders (Category & Brand Teams, Finance, Sales, Global Insights
Counterparts, Media Team) and agency partners (Market Research & Media agencies)
The Consultant will need to be an indispensable business partner within the brand, Consumer & Market Insights teams. Develop Brand and Consumer insight / expertise; relentlessly apply this knowledge to build growth as well as infuse this knowledge across global stakeholders. Inspire research suppliers to consistently deliver their best efforts: deliver actionable, clear, value-added understanding.
Day to day responsibilities
1. Leading or assisting in the planning, coordination and implementation of research activities for brands. Scope of responsibilities includes both mix development and mix deployment.
2. Developing Brand and Consumer insight expertise. And, apply this knowledge to build growth as well as infuse this knowledge across stakeholders.
3. Participate in discussions with brand/product development team to understand new product brief and monitor and review the testing undertaken by the team and identify areas for improvement in the product based on analysis of test results
4. Uses knowledge of key macro trends and leads understanding of consumer, market and competitive landscape to diagnose business performance and address focused business issues; Monitoring competitors’ activities and market
5. Monitor and manage research budget
6. Uses broader range of research tools/resources/processes to assess business issues; proactively identifies the key business issues/questions and develops the most appropriate research design and analytic plan to address business/ research needs;
7. Evaluates and incorporates new/emerging research tools that provide increased consumer insight and business growth.
8. Has a good understanding of analytics, including market mix modeling and volume forecasting.
9. Integrates knowledge from multiple sources and creates meaningful interpretations and recommendations that address business issues and ensures alignment with key business partners. Influences others in the implementation of action steps to drive the business.
10. Grounds business in the consumer, and makes sure business decisions on growth opportunities and portfolio strategy are consumer motivated.
The project is for 1 year based out of the office in Gurugram
Post-graduate degree or equivalent in Management, Market Research, Social Sciences or Statistics is a must
Proven 10+ years in Market Research- Client side or agency side; any experience in running studies among experts like health care professionals, chemists etc would be a bonus
Understanding of management principles and market research methodologies & processes are critical
Past experience in Consumer Health care industry/ CPG industry is a plus
Demonstrates ability to influence cross-functional and upper management to impact decision-making;
Strong interpersonal skills; Ability to think analytically to understand complex or ambiguous problems or issues and communicate solutions/conclusions clearly and concisely; Data visualization skills are a must