Our client, a top-tier Management Consulting firm, is currently working with a pharma company to build its e-commerce/digital presence for select focus brands. They are looking to engage with a consultant who can help them to list a few products on e-com channels (Amazon, Flipkart etc.) and drive sales therein.
Key areas of work include:
- Lead strategic discussions with e-commerce platforms on brand targets, visibility plans, and commercials.
- Coordinate with category managers to initiate launch on e-commerce platforms and ensure best-in-class commercials alignment.
- Minimize adverse impact from non-strategic 3P sellers on the platform (e.g., 3P sellers abusing MRP, offering poor customer service, below par PDPs).
Digital campaigns execution:
- Source digital agency profiles, drive negotiations, and onboard agency; review the business case and key KPIs proposed for the campaign.
- Engage with digital marketing agencies to create and execute high-quality marketing campaigns.
- Manage product display pages for all SKUs and ensure adherence to best practices.
- Continuously strategize and coordinate the creation of new SKUs, in collaboration with supply chain and platform category managers.
Campaign Assessment and Improvement:
- Create performance dashboards to monitor campaign performance by tracking key metrics like clicks on ads, bounce rate, orders placed, etc.
- Work with category managers, digital marketing agencies to identify areas of improvement and devise interventions for correction.
- Stay up-to-date on the marketing campaigns of competitors and identify elements that the client should incorporate in its own campaigns.
- Collate intel on competition and industry-wide best practices through engagement with category managers, and marketing agencies.
Annual Budgeting and Tracking of sales performance
- Forecast annual sales on e-commerce platforms and align with respective brand teams to define targets.
- Continuously track performance against targets, conduct target re-assessment and define corrective courses of action.
- Define an annual budget for digital marketing initiatives across brands and track against actuals.
- Ensure effective deployment of budget across various mediums (SEO/SEM, promos, banners, displays, etc.)
Data Maintenance and Reconciliations:
- Collate and monitor data (e.g., # of orders, sales, returns, discounts offered) from all e-com platforms and ensure it is always up to date.
- Analyze sales data to identify high-performing regions and products/SKUs
- Ensure data preparation as per client standards to ensure smooth integration with existing processes & systems (E.g., Sales Data, inventory, etc.)
Supply Chain Management
- Lead interactions with 3P sellers and address their queries and concerns.
- Ensure regular availability of stock at 3P sellers to optimize delivery times on platforms.