Our client is looking to engage with a Senior CIO consultant to to design, plan and manage implementation of Information Technology strategy and initiatives with the regulatory frameworks and broad organisational guidelines and budgets with the objective of enabling business processes to achieve growth and profitability.
1. Strategy & Planning: Set objectives and strategies for the IT department. Select and implement suitable technology to streamline all internal operations and help optimize their strategic benefits. Design and customize technological systems and platforms to improve customer experience. Plan implementation of new systems and provide guidance to IT professionals and other staff within the organization.
2. Budgeting - Prepare annual budgets highlighting revenue and expenditure estimates; provide approvals for all IT spends (hardware and software) initiated across all regions and businesses; review and approve project-level budgets prepared by project teams to ensure that optimum investments are made to achieve the expected outcomes. Approve purchases of technological equipment and software and establish partnerships with IT providers.
3. Planning of infrastructure and security - Analyse requirements for licenses; monitor compliance to license terms and conditions; assess and provide approvals for all change management requests for configuration changes to IT assets; monitor performance of and provide guidance to all infrastructure management teams to ensure reliability, scalability and feasibility of IT infrastructure. Monitor capabilities and usage of IT architecture (network, storage, application, middleware, etc); devise long term server/storage strategies related to data centres (location, connection, etc); study latest trends in technology and identify solutions that would ensure improvements to existing systems; present capacity plans to top management for approval to ensure optimal and cost-effective utilization of IT Architecture.
4. Software Application Support - Identify possible areas of process improvements for IT enabling processes in scientific and other automation/digitization applications; monitor performance of service providers against defined SLAs; provide guidance to project teams and handle escalations when required to ensure maximum ROIs from software application packages.
5. Best Practices and knowledge Management - Identify best practices from different companies and industries; identify and make investments on IT infrastructure required to enable faster and easier sharing of knowledge among employees and easier access to information available keeping the overall security of intellectual property to ensure employees in different teams, functions, businesses and geographies can easily share ideas, opinions and information with
6. People Management - Conduct goal setting, performance appraisals and mentoring/coaching for own team members; collaborate with HR in manpower planning, recruitment activities and identifying training needs to maximize retention and performance of team members.
7. Analytical Capabilities: Analyse costs, value and risks of information technology to advise management and suggest actions. Monitor changes or advancements in technology to discover ways the company can gain competitive advantage.
Note: This is a full time project in Bangalore for 6 months.