Our client is a global not-for-profit organization. They work with global digital health platforms, including DHIS2, the world’s largest health information management system deployed in more than 73 countries.
They are seeking an experienced DHIS2 professional to join their talented product and design team and co-work on building/integrating platforms with DHIS2.
The professional will work with internal team and with Health Information System Program (HISP) teams in countries to use DHIS2 to manage large-scale hypertension/diabetes control programs as well as to manage epidemic preparedness efforts.
Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Manage the technical and non-technical documentation requirements for public health use cases
2. Design DHIS2 configuration to meet complex workflows and analytics needs; develop and disseminate WHO and / or custom metadata packages and related technical/design/implementation guidance for public health use cases as a global implementation product
3. Contribute to the strengthening of metadata package development processes, documentation, and demo databases
4. Conduct pilot testing of WHO and or custom packages and provide support to strategic country implementations
5. Assess the uptake of standards-based configuration and recommend improvements to global goods and guidance
6. Provide project management support to key workstreams; establish work plans and coordinate internal and external stakeholders for package development, field pilots, and other project activities
7. Provide ongoing mentoring and support to RTSL staff, ministries of health, and other key stakeholders on DHIS2 capabilities
Please note that the consultant will have to follow US work timings.
- Overall, 8 - 10 years of experience in digital health platforms, with a minimum of 5 years in implementing and configuring DHIS2
- Experience at the national level with rollout of data systems (including DHIS2 in one or two countries)
- Familiar with DHIS2 training:
a. completed fundamental training
b. completed Level 1 Academics (Analytics, Data Design, and Tracker
c. completed Level 2 Academics (Web Application Development, Android
Implementation, Android App Development, Data Quality, Tracker Management,
and Server Administration)
- Experience working with HISP groups in Africa and/or Asia
- Experience configuring DHIS2 Capture for Android
- Experience configuring custom DHIS2 analytics and reports (Web & Android App)
- Excellent writing, communication, and organizational skills
- Experience interacting and working with government officials, preferably within ministries of health and related agencies
- Experience interacting and collaborating with international organizations that specialize in health information systems and /or digital health implementation
- Comfortable working remotely with a geographically distributed team
A team player but also able to work independently and manage various projects daily with minimal supervision
- Strong interpersonal and management skills
- Attention to detail and ability to perform multiple tasks and balance competing priorities effectively and efficiently, often within a required timeframe
- Ability and willingness to travel internationally, as needed