Our client, a leading global mining organization is looking for a Business Improvement, Finance & Accounting Services for the business Improvement team.
The primary purpose of this role is to drive process improvement and design standard process documentation as per BPMN standards. This role will be based out of Gurgaon, but supporting a global scope.
The scope will include (but not be limited to) below:
- Identify, prioritize, and drive execution of Process Improvement projects in collaboration with our Service Delivery teams and other stakeholders across and beyond finance.
- Standardize Group Services processes, maintain the integrity of their documentation, and monitor adherence to standards and best practices.
- Design of Process maps, SOPs, and other related documentation in BPMN tool.
- Agile approach and delivery
- Drive end-to-end process integration initiatives with stakeholders downstream & upstream to Group Services work.
- Communicate actively outside formal reporting on progress of initiatives, on pipeline and opportunities.
- Remain abreast of external trends and best practices (process & tools) in finance and shared services
- Good accounting/BPMN tools, knowledge
- Bachelor / master’s degree with Focus on Finance & Accounting
- Guideline 4-5 years of experience in a similar role
- Good knowledge of SAP and BPMN tools. Adonis knowledge would be preferred. Business processes (such as General Accounting, Accounts Payable/Receivable, Financial Planning & Reporting, Intercompany
Accounting and Analytics) is highly desirable.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving mindset
- Strong technical skills using tools such as: MS Office, PowerBI, Tableau, Adonis, Blueworks Live etc.
- Excellent written, communication, and presentation skills.
- Business Improvement mindset and skills
- Ability to analyze and define business problems, to identify appropriate operational or process solutions.
- Ability to adapt to change, and the ability to work autonomously and as part of a team
- Knowledge of large-scale finance shared services’ processes; how they are linked and how they bring value to an organization.