Cancer Foundation of India (CFI), based in Kolkata, is a voluntary organization dedicated to cancer prevention and control in India. Through the activities of the organization they try to bridge the gap that exists in cancer public health, education, training and human resource development, population research and cancer survivor issues in the country.
CFI is looking for an experienced and resourceful Program Manager to manage and coordinate a high impact and visibility grant they have received from the American Cancer Society to drive adoption of interventions for Cervical Cancer prevention. The grant - the India Cervical Cancer Prevention Initiative - aims to drive demand and adoption for cervical cancer interventions by building buy-in and ownership from key stakeholders and decision-makers through data and evidence. The initiative will work closely with a sister initiative at Ashoka University and provide a great opportunity to build visibility and also get published.
Specific Responsibilities :-
• Manage relationships with clients and other stakeholders, serving and as the first point of contact for CFI.
• Provide guidance to team members at all stages of the project; maintain responsibility for project budgets and timelines.
• Framing and analysing evidence-based solutions to strategic challenges
• Good understanding of the political and cultural environment of international public agencies or similar complex environments.
• Develop and maintain client relationships and contribute to new business engagements.
It is a high visibility project with an opportunity to work closely with the senior leadership of all stakeholders as well as a chance to get published.
- The project location is Kolkata.
• At least 3-5 years managing high-performing teams in a problem-solving,
• Prior management experience in a consulting environment preferred: 2+ years of
experience as a manager at a leading international management consultancy
and a ‘top-performer’ throughout tenure
• Minimum of 5 years of experience framing and analysing evidence-based
solutions to strategic challenges
• Strong analytical abilities, both quantitative and qualitative • Ability to present
information in a concise, insightful and structured manner, both in written and
• Demonstrated initiative and capacity to perform well in an entrepreneurial
• Master’s in Business Administration or Master’s in Public
Administration/Policy/Public Health or PhD/DrPH from a top university with
excellent academic record
• A passion for international development, typically evidenced by a strong interest
and prior exposure to global issues such as economic development and global
• Sensitivity to the political and cultural environments of international public
agencies or similar complex environments
• Strong regional/in-country networks preferred