Our client is a leading Indian business house with a presence in diverse industries. They are in the process of identifying new business opportunities to invest behind and are exploring the theme of building a portfolio of strong D2C (Direct to Consumer ) brands across categories.
They are looking for advisors who understand building strong consumer oriented business and that are familiar with the whole working of the D2C sector
The advisor will work with the promoter group to :
1. Identify the key trends in the category and the nature of opportunities emerging using a combination of secondary data and industry inputs.
2. Helping the client prioritize the opportunities to pursue based on clear criteria, which will include - growth, market size, profitability, ability to differentiate versus competition.
3. Think through a go-to-market approach for the prioritised opportunities i.e.,
- product portfolio choices,
- distribution and retail models to leverage,
- marketing and branding strategies to reach the right customer segments,
4. Help think through the core roles for a centralised high quality marketing team that can provide the needed support to a portfolio of D2C brands including but not restricted to running paid campaigns across channels, leveraging influencer to drive visibility, optimizing performance on online retail
- In-depth understanding with proven experience the D2C space, to launch new products and grow them.
- Able to identify a customer needs based on primary and secondary research and data
- Financial modeling (must be comfortable with Excel)
- Understanding of market research techniques and ability to draw conclusions from the data.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills and ability to summarize complex information in a clear and concise manner
- Influence management with customers and field sales agents.