Our Client. a leading multinational pharmaceutical corporation is looking for a Senior Manager Employee relations to be the custodian of the in-market employee relations processes and practices in India and Pakistan. The role will support HR BOS as well as key partners - business, legal & corporate compliance in the market on sensitive and complex employee relations matters pertaining to investigations into workplace harassment, discrimination, retaliation, and others.
The consultant will be responsible for supporting and working with Country Managers and leaders to create a positive employee relations climate by educating and enabling managers and colleagues to understand and imbibe the conduct that is expected by colleagues at the workplace. The consultant will also ensure that all employee relations policies, programs and processes are aligned with the clients business and values to foster an open, diverse and inclusive work environment
The key responsibilities are as follows: -
• Formulate Employee Relations strategy and implement the same through educating HR and business leaders and front line managers.
• Conduct and manage all HR related compliance and investigations, across all business lines in the market, consistent with employee relations protocol and case management practices for successful resolution in the following areas - Highly Complex Behavior/Conduct Issues, Statutory/Legal Claims and Compliance matters.
• Partner with Legal and Compliance teams and outside counsel (if required) to carry out planned, comprehensive and timely investigations. Work closely with key partners as required (e.g Corporate Compliance, Ombudsman, Legal), including closeout and reporting of matters across a cross-section of stakeholders
•Assist in the development of tools and training for HR & Line managers ( e.g performance management, conduct, documentation)
• Build management ability and skill to facilitate employee relations issues (coaching on performance/ inappropriate conduct/workplace discipline) and to promote a positive work environment
• Provide guidance and training to HR Business Partners and equip them to provide Managers the guidance to carry out performance improvement plan coaching up to and including Terminations, successful completion or facilitation or mediation as necessary
• Create, maintain and enhance employee relations investigation quality, workflow, systems and processes to enable efficient case management, make recommendations for process efficiencies and opportunities. Maintain an up-to-date database of all ER cases and investigations. Create and report-out a MIS on a consistent frequency.
• Build proactive employee relations redressal mechanism by identifying trends of issues raised in the organization – by region, business, managers and offer measures to address the same.
• Partner with legal on preparing complete documentation in complex labour court matters and use Workday and leverage other technology to improve operational efficiencies
• Minimum 10 Years of HR employee relations experience and / or investigations in HR related matters or legal / compliance background with experience in ER and HR compliance investigations – demonstrating excellent decision making and judgment with strong ability to relate well to others and build rapport
• Knowledge of local employment law to advise on remediation as necessary
• Seasoned investigation skills with experience of handling complex and sensitive cases
• Ability to partner with a cross section of stakeholder groups to proactively address workplace issues
• Excellent communication skills; able to explain ER & HR policies, processes and practices in a clear and concise manner
• Excellent stakeholder management skills to partner effectively with wide range of stakeholders
• Proven ability to analyze issues with strong solutions orientation