The Centre for Social and Behaviour Change at Ashoka University (CSBC) is supporting a leading multilateral agency to update the 9 SBCC modules incorporating the latest developments in the communication field and create structures to ensure flexible dissemination of courses by universities.
The following key expected results are :
1. Updated current course modules with new topic content e.g. behavioural economics, human centred design, big data & predictive analytics, ICT, AI etc.
2. Recommendation on flexible course structures using select modules and units from #1 above that can be (these are sample structures that we will finalise after discussions with stakeholders)
- Foundational unit comprising 3-4 modules for those who want a thorough overview of communication for social and behaviour change but will not specialise in this area (e.g. Masters in Social Work)
- Certificate level programme comprising abridged content from course modules
- Executive education style course comprising select modules & units and abridged versions of these targeted at experienced professionals
3. Long list of universities, schools and departments that can take up the course modules as part of their curriculum – either as full-fledged Masters’ degree programmes, certificate courses, diplomas or as executive learning programmes.
4. Technical support to Tezpur University as they update their Masters programme.
Our client is looking for a Project Manager who will lead and manage this project across all work-streams – desk and primary research, curriculum updating, listing of universities potentially interested in incorporating the updated SBCC curriculum in their course structure. In particular, this person will be the expert on SBCC curriculum design.
Specific responsibilities of the project manager include:
1. Lead desk review of existing SBCC materials and map it. In doing so the person will review SBCC materials being used at top Indian and global SBCC academic programs, identify emerging areas in behaviour change pedagogy, and provide recommendations with the latest advances in communication and behaviour change pedagogy.
2. Provide inputs on and help design discussion guides for expert interviews with leading SBCC practitioners and academics. Assist in conduct of expert interviews.
3. Outline and align topic areas: based on stakeholder interviews and desk research, outline potential areas and topics that could fit into the existing modules.
4.Content Design: Help to design content as per exiting modules.
5. Recommend flexible course structures using selected modules. Since requirement of potential students can vary according to their stage of learning or professional status, we propose to cater to different learning needs and schedules.
6. Manage key client and stakeholders.
The position reports to the Lead – Evidence & Learning, CSBC.
The consultant should be available for travel within India for expert interviews when required.
• At least 7+ years of experience in teaching and/or curriculum design.
• Masters in(PhD preferred) in communication research, marketing,
behavioural science/economics or other social sciences.
• Ability and experience in conceptualising and executing desk research.
• Familiarity with social and behaviour change practice and pedagogy.
• Familiarity with qualitative research methods, systematic and detail
• Ability to articulate ideas clearly, both orally and in written format.
• Ability to manage multiple stakeholders and senior stakeholders
• Knowledge of new behaviour change landscape e.g. behaviour science, big
data, machine learning, AI is preferred
• Interest in the social sector and particularly in capacity building for SBC is a